An Orchid Filled Weekend

September 15, 2018


Hey Loves, This post has been in draft for what feels like ages as time has freakishly been racing by this year! I did contemplate whether I should go ahead and publish it because it was a while back, but, revisiting it I think it is worth sharing especially for anyone who does live in or around Kuala Lumpur and happens to be Orchid obsessed!

It was back in April when I had my mum visiting and knowing that she is a keen gardener (unlike me) and a huge fan of Orchids it made absolute sense being in this part of the world to take her to some of the beautiful Orchid Farms and gardens they have here.

Orchid & Hibiscus Gardens

Our first stop was the Orchid and Hibiscus Gardens which is inside the Tropical Botanical Gardens on the grounds of Tun Abdul Razak Heritage Park and where you will also happen to be within a short distance of KL's popular tourist spots like the Islamic Arts Museum and KL Bird Park.


The Orchid Garden is not an extensive space, therefore you can easily cover the whole area and there are benches if you need to take a rest or maybe you just want to take in the lush views.


Admission- RM1 on weekends.
Opening Times- Monday to Sunday, 9am to 6pm.
Address- Jalan Perdana, Taman Tasik Perdana, Wilayah Persekutuan, 50480 Kuala Lumpur
Website- www.klbotanicalgarden.gov.my


World of Phalaenopsis

This Orchid Farm is roughly 40-45min drive from the centre of KL and you would definitely need a car to get there especially if you end up making a few purchases! Honestly, here is like being in Orchid heaven and aside from being surrounded by rows and rows of spectacularly colourful plants, you do discover how they treat the Orchids here, which is fab for a novice like me.


Admission Fee- Free.
Opening Times- Monday to Sunday, 8am to 5pm.
Address- Lot 1017, Kampung Sungai Kamin, Ulu Yam Baru, 44300 Batang Kali, Selangor, Malaysia.


Orchid Genting

Last stop on our Orchid adventure and out of all the Orchid Gardens we visited this is probably the one that I am least likely to go back to, mainly because it is the furthest away from me, however, if I am ever in the Genting area and have time I may stop by.


There are not as many perfectly laid out plants as the one before, but, my Mum did manage to find an Orchid here she had not seen before.


Admission- Free
Address- Lot 100, Gohtong Jaya, 69000 Genting Highlands, Pahang, Malaysia.
Tel +603-6075 1133

If you can recommend any other Orchid Farms or plant nurseries in Kuala Lumpur do please share below.


Till Next Time
xx

You Might Also Like

1 comments

Pinterest

Like me on Facebook

Subscribe