Visit to the Islamic Arts Museum Malaysia

October 06, 2015


Hi Lovelies,

It has been a minute since I last blogged!

For those of you who are living in Malaysia and surrounding areas, you will all be too familiar with the current situation....and by that I mean the HAZE!
It's been pretty bad here in Kuala Lumpur, but from my understanding there are other parts of the country and parts of Indonesia which are far worse effected.

For more info on the haze; www.themalaymailonline.com.

With all this haze business we have had for the last month or so I have spent most of my days cooped up indoors and when it comes to the weekend's there is only so much of hanging around malls one can do. So last weekend I came up with the bright idea to visit the Islamic Arts Museum as this was one place I have been meaning to visit for ages and just never got round to and what better time to do it!


This is the Dome of the Islamic Arts Museum which you immediately see when you are approaching the building. In this photo you get a good idea of how hazy it was that day.

Al Masjid an-Nabawī, Saudi Arabia
The first gallery we went into had scale model's of Mosques from around the world. Here is where I got an understanding on the many ways Islam has been interpreted through architecture and what a unique way for you to visually see it. 

Quran, 17th Century AD, Ottoman Turkey


There was a small courtyard area with a fountain on the ground's which you can easily access.


There was a small Exhibition on Masjid Negara commemorating 50yrs of Malaysia’s National Mosque. I can't remember what floor this was on as we stumbled across it whilst walking around.
I find these types of Exhibitions really interesting as I love photography and all the photographs take you on a journey through significant events and to learn the history behind the Mosque’s architecture.

If you are interested in this exhibit it ends on the 13 October, so you still have time to go check it out!


This brings me to the end of my post, I didn't take too many photos as I was enjoying being in the moment and soaking up all that rich history. There was only one other thing I wanted to add and that was the Museum Shop.......and oh my.....there is lots of really arty souvenirs you can find in there hence the mention....be warned you will have to make at least one purchase.

For more info visit their site;
www.iamm.org.my

I hope you have liked this post and found it useful. 
If you are living in KL I would love to hear what you have been up to on these hazy days and if you can recommend other great places to visit.
Till Next Time
xx

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Pinterest

Like me on Facebook

Subscribe