Trying to Fit into My New Norm

April 10, 2020

Hey Loves I hope you are all keeping well and safe during this exceptionally surreal time. It all seems to of happened fairly quickly even though we could see it in the near distance it was like within a flash on the 17th March the Malaysian government announced we would be going into a partial lockdown starting from the 18th until the 31st March, within that time the government have now extended the lockdown until the 14th April along with stricter rules, which as much as there is still an air of uncertainty for me this has been the appropriate approach to take considering how far and wide this virus has spread, affecting many of our loved ones.

My Thoughts & Reflection....


Gratefulness 🌞

I'm not gonna lie, it has and still is difficult for me to maintain some sort of routine but 23 days in I'm learning not to be so harsh on myself if anything I am feeling nothing but gratitude, I currently still have my job (fingers crossed), a space we have made a home out of that's comfortable and most importantly safe, my lovely hubby, food on the table, my fur babies, a balcony to breath in the fresh air and listen to the birds, life is good.


Appreciation 👏

To the people on the front line, nurses, doctors, medical staff, supermarket workers, building maintenance, security, cleaners, restaurant staff, delivery drivers....these are some of the many people that are literally saving lives out here whilst also putting their own lives at risk, when all we need to do is #stayhome !


Connection 📱

Since moving away my communication skills have been lax, I've resorted to using Instagram and FB as my communication tool. You would think living far from my family and friends would be enough of a reminder to keep checking in on one another, not to say that I don't but a note to not take those relationships for granted, be that listening ear, ask how they're coping, send a funny meme, share ideas, photo's of your day no matter how mundane, with so many avenues of communication you can even do virtual group quizzes and workouts together, I guess the moral of the story is for us to try to keep each other uplifted and motivated especially during this unsettling time.

Some snippets of daily life.....

Feeling compelled to do some form of exercise I started yoga for the very first time almost two weeks ago and funny enough just before I even began I happened to find a Yoga with Adriene video saved in one of my YouTube playlists! As someone who is not great with sticking to things (shamefully huge procrastinator), this is something I really look forward to each day and I also added in a 10 min stretching class beforehand.


One of my precious adopted cats, Nayla. We have two cats and right now they are absolutely loving having us at home and as I have discovered each morning this is Nayla's morning spot right by our coffee table and it happens to be on the side of the apartment where the sun comes in, she's a sunbather. 

You can find more on our cats here instagram/naylaandninja

One of the things I never give time to and truly enjoy is BAKING! I'm sure like me you have seen a massive influx of people sharing their baking on Instagram recently, we've all gone baking bonkers and I ain't mad at it.

Recipe I used, just need to master it Buttermilk & Sultana Scones
A vegan scone recipe my sis uses and recommends Vegan Coconut Scones

Our other little fur baby Ninja who is enjoying his afternoon nap here on fresh bedsheets. They have both been keeping me entertained with their high levels of cuteness.

My hubby got advise from his sister on how to grow coriander from cut stems.....I will be sure to keep you posted. I have one bunch planted in soil and another bunch in a small glass jar of water, who is she and what happened to Marie?! lol

We have hugely surprised ourselves by only ordering takeaway once in the whole 23 days. My hubby aka Chef Iza has been a wiz in the kitchen with the help of his cousin cooking up the boom Asian dishes! YASS.
Here we had BBQ'd red snapper, two types of sambal (chilli sauce), fried veg and Thai white rice.

Here I leave you with one of Kuala Lumpur's many beautiful sunsets, when I see this photo it makes me feel hopeful and reminds me that every day is a fresh start.

For more of my day to day life you can keep up with me via; 
instagram/mybitchyrestingface I am frequently posting on my stories.
.
 How are you finding things, what has been keeping you occupied during this time?
If you are a blogger reading this, feel free to share your latest blog post down below so we can all have a read.

Keep Safe
💖

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Pinterest

Like me on Facebook

Subscribe