MY JO MALONE FRAGRANCE OBSESSION

October 21, 2018


Hey Loves, this time there is a valid reason for not putting out an updated post on my current perfume selection, believe it or not, my perfumes can last me a long while.....the expensive ones that is and I'm not one to switch up my perfumes for every season. I just really wanted to share with you a little backstory behind the brand and each fragrance, why it was chosen and how I wear it. I know perfumes can be ridiculously expensive especially when it's for something that's not even going to last you long, so if you do decide to splash out you at least want it to be a scent you enjoy wearing.

Jo Malone is a brand I discovered back in the day when I used to pass their store on the way to work off South Molten Sreet in London and you couldn't help but glance in the window at their beautifully laid out displays, that clean crisp off-white and black decor, knowing full well that there was no way In hell I could afford what I thought at the time was this super luxurious brand (which it still is) hidden away on this side street that was only accessible to a select few.

Now we fast forward a few years and I will start off with my first Introduction to the Jo Malone brand.

Enjoy!


English Pear & Freesia Cologne

Story and Tip- This is not typically a perfume I would have picked for myself because of the strong floral notes, but funny enough it was the signature scent I wore on my wedding day courtesy of my lovely Mum and sis who came up with this fab idea that I would never have thought of or placed any importance on and now every time I smell it, it transports me back to that special day! I am so grateful for them for choosing this perfume as I had and still have nothing like it.

When I wear it-  Out of my Jo Malones perfumes, it is the one I wear the least, mostly holding on to it for sentimental reasons, but when I do it's worn as a day perfume for a special occasion as It is heavy scent so a little goes a long way and it lasts all day!


NOTES
Top Note - King William Pear
Heart Note - Freesia
Base Note - Patchouli


For more info:  www.jomalone.co.uk


Wood Sage & Sea Salt Cologne

Story and Tip- I had my eye or nose on this particular fragrance for the longest time ever until one fine day I was flying back to KL from London Heathrow airport (I can't remember which terminal), I had started to make my way towards my gate and happened to pass the Jo Malone store which I had absolutely no idea was there and of course I had to go inside, have another smell, chat with the sales girl, the price was right and the rest is history haha, no, but seriously buying perfume in duty free is a huge saving which I'm sure most of you already know.

When I wear it- This is a light fragrance for me, it's not overpowering therefore I can easily wear this perfume during the daytime on a daily for work, this is the perfume I use the most out of my Jo Malone fragrances and would explain why it's almost finished.

NOTES
Top Note - Ambrette Seeds
Heart Note - Sea Salt
Base Note - Sage

For more info: www.jomalone.co.uk


Mimosa & Cardamom Cologne

Story and Tip- There is not much of a story behind this fragrance apart from it was a gift from my lovely hubby for one of our anniversaries and all I can say he knows my style all too well! A really useful tip I learnt was from one of the Jo Malone store staff was the idea to layer your fragrances to take what could be considered a light day scent to a deep evening scent and it actually works. So the fragrance I layer with this one is the Wood Sage & Sea Salt Cologne and they compliment each other surprisingly well.

When I wear it- Even though this is a slightly heavier deeper scent to Wood Sage & Sea Salt, it is one I tend to wear during the day or a casual eveing out.

NOTES
Top Note - Cardamom
Heart Note - Mimosa
Base Note  - Tonka Bean

For more info: www.jomalone.co.uk


Velvet Rose & Oud Cologne

Story and Tip- Another gift chosen by hubby and he did it right again, I absolutely love this scent!  I don't really have any tips on how I wear this perfume apart from you don't need to put on too much as it's a heavy fragrance.

When I wear it- This is the one Jo Malone perfume that I only wear in the evening or for special occasions because of the intensity and richness of the oud it's a standout, stand-alone perfume and lasts all night long and even until next day!

NOTES
Top Note - Clove
Heart Note - Damask Rose
Base Note - Oud

For more info: www.jomalone.co.uk

And that is my all of four Jo Malone perfumes, even though the Jo Malone brand has become an extremely popular mainstream brand of recent with the help of social media and those blogger/influencer types;) thankfully I can say they have still managed to maintain that quality and uniqueness in their scents and that is why people like myself will continue to go back.

I hope you have enjoyed this post and do let me know what is your favourite Jo Malone scent? would you recommend any of their other products? 

Till Next Time
xx

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. I'm a Jo Malone FREAK. I literally have multiple bottles of their Nectarine blossom and honey, that one is sooooo good I can't even begin to explain! I like the wood sage one too, but it smells a lot better on other people than on me, ahaha.

    Junniku blog!~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhh I haven't smelt that one!! Thanks for sharing, I'll have to take a sneaky trip to the Jo Malone store x

      Delete
  2. You describe these fragrances to great! I would love to try English Pear and Wood Sage :)
    Lots of love ♥ Janury Girl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I do love them both and who knows when you visit the store you may make some new discoveries x

      Delete

Pinterest

Like me on Facebook

Subscribe