Let's Talk Sunscreen 🌞

March 22, 2020

I have to start this post with some truths, I have been one of those brown skin women who did not consider it essential to wear sunscreen, unashamedly I had that thought for many years and although now I'm not stringent with using it by that I mean every day, on the flip side I have become more mindful of wearing sunscreen especially on those days when I know I'm going to be exposed to direct sunlight. Aside from originally not grasping the severity in wearing sunscreen, there were other factors one being how it made me feel, I detested the texture and the weight of it on my skin I felt like my skin was unable to breathe on top of giving me a ghost-like ashy face was not where it was at and most importantly as many of us have now learnt a number of these sunscreens contain ingredients which are extremely harmful to the coral and marine life, I will leave some useful links below for anyone who wants to learn more on that. Thankfully with this knowledge in mind and there being more products on the market which are free from those harmful ingredients it gives us the option to make a more conscientious choice. 
I had never heard of Supergoop before or seen any reviews, I happened to come across their brand when I was in Sephora specifically looking for a sunscreen to take with me on one of my upcoming trips. It was their Sun-Defying Sunscreen Oil I had actually seen first, that I did happen to also buy and love then came across their Everyday Sunscreen which is a daily lotion for face and body, exactly what I needed.

My Top WHY I chose this product
↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓
Since my last purchase of this product and writing this post, I have seen on the Supergoop w/site they have reformulated Everyday Sunscreen - there is a new reef-safe formula, meaning it's now octinoxate-free!

🔗Supergoop Free from List

Pros
★Lightweight
★Oil free
★Wears well under makeup
★No funky smell

Cons
★Not 100% reef safe
★On the pricey side

Where to Buy
🇲🇾 www.sephora.my
🇺🇸 www.supergoop.com

Useful Links
↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓
www.oceanservice.noaa.gov
www.nationalgeographic.com
www.haereticus-lab.org

Before I leave you I would also like to add to my opening paragraph that I don't want to take away from the seriousness of protecting our skin from the sun and the extreme effects sun damage can have, it's just that I want to be honest with the content I put out, it is all a learning or I should say unlearning. If you do have any suggestions on other great sunscreens you would highly recommend which are reef-safe, feel free to share in the comments below.

Keep Safe & Till Next Time
🌍✌

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Pinterest

Like me on Facebook

Subscribe