Gloucester Docks

February 17, 2019

Hey Lovelies, I know I’m starting to sound like a broken record, however, since I haven’t consistently blogged in a while and now finding myself slowly but surely getting back into the swing of things it's about time I start sharing with you my previous trips and places I've visited. I have a tonne of photos, hence, I need to get my shiz together, no excuses because you know how it can go....whilst that creative train is running at a steady pace I need to remain on board, well at least try to!

Ok, so my first stop I've been meaning to share with you for some time is the Historical Gloucester Docks, Woohoo! (don't jump all at once). I know I know, it's not a place you will find on most or any Top 10 List of places to visit in the UK, nonetheless, for anyone that does happen to be within the vicinity or passing by, throw in an outlet, restaurants, cafes, bars, museums and a cinema, well what's not to see.

Gloucester itself is a place I have regularly visited for years as I have family there and sadly like most small cities and towns in the UK with the decline of the local high street, you're not left with much apart from pound stores and coffee shops. Thankfully, with the continued regeneration of the Gloucester docks area, you get to experience the best of both worlds old vs new.

Below are some of my photos from my day there with family, I won't go into the history of the docks here only because there is much more knowledgeable and informative websites online, of which i will link a few below for anyone that is interested, along with other useful links. Enjoy x


Ending our cold wintery walk with coffee & victoria sponge cake is the one. 
My face doesn't say it though, obvs!


History of the Docks
www.gloucesterdocks.me.uk
www.thecityofgloucester.co.uk
www.gloucesterquays.co.uk
National waterways museum

Other useful links
Gloucester Quays Outlet
Boat Trips
Gloucester Cathedral
Beatrix Potter’s museum & shop
Gloucester Services
Till Next Time
xx

For more day to day find me on Instagram

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Pinterest

Like me on Facebook

Subscribe