Fashion Friday Fix- 3 ways to wear a Tunic with side slits

July 18, 2015

Hey Lovelies,

Another day another post! I feel like I haven't done a Polyvore collage for a while, well since my Pineapple Mad post.

I am currently in Bangkok and as expected I'm hardly here 5 minutes and found myself venturing in to one of their many shopping malls called Central World. After walking around aimlessly popping in to several shops to have a nosey, I found myself in Zara (as you do) raking through the sale items and then had a sneaky peek at their AW15 collection.
There was one item that stood out to me and that was the Tunic with Slits which they had in black, white and floral prints. I adore the simplicity of this kind of top and how it can comfortably be worn over most items of clothing, during the day with  a pair of flat ballet pumps, or dress it up in the evening with a pair of must have lace up heels. Either way you wear this top, I feel it adds a little sophistication to every outfit.

So, as it is  #fashionfridayfix I have created three look's giving you and me some ideas on how we can incorporate the Tunic with Slits top in to our wardrobes.


1. 
Grey Sleeveless Shirt Dress
River Island, Grey Sleeveless Longline Shirt 70GBP

My first look is such an easy effortless style and definitely one that you could switch from day to night by simply swapping your converse for a pair of cute heels. I like the idea of having a neutral tone Tunic Side Slit top with white jeans and then adding a hint of colour in your accessories, like that to die for back pack...I want I want!!!


2. 
Blue Sleeveless Shirt Dress
Zara, Long Printed Shirt 29.99GBP

With this second look I have chosen to grunge it up a bit. As well as adding ripped jeans I have added some high waisted black shorts to show how versatile this top is. This Zara Tunic with Side Slits top is light weight, so you can still make use of it in the remaining summer months and just layer it up in the colder months with maybe a leather biker jacket?! 


3. 
Floral Sleeveless Shirt Dress
Zara, Printed Tunic 29.99GBP

For my final look I chose this pretty floral print Tunic with Side Slits from Zara. I decided to go with a boho theme, as we know Fedora's have been quite a fashion statement this past year and I think it goes nicely with this whole ensemble. I have also chosen to add a denim shirt which you could easily throw over this outfit if it gets a bit chilly and the burgundy colour bag brings this look nicely in to Autumn.


If you would like to know more on the list of items I used, you can go to my Polyvore page where they are all listed under each collage.




Do you like the Tunic with Side Slits?what is your favourite look from this post? Mine would have to be look 3, as I already own a fedora and black ankle boots so this tunic would fit nicely in to my wardrobe! Hope you have liked this post, all feedback is welcome:)
Till next time

xx


You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. looove all the looks really :D

    dresses-and-travels //@susandollparts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment Susan, I'll be sure to check out your blog too x

      Delete
  2. Nice picks... I loved the first one, it has my fav colors inside! :)

    Kisses,
    Angie from www.beautyydust.blogspot.gr ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great choice Angie! Thank you for your comment x

      Delete
  3. I love these tops however I dont think I would be able to pull it off being so short! But I love the looks you came up with! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww Thanks Emma:) That is a really good point, I never thought about that when I created the looks. They do have tops with side slits above the knew that would probably suit Petit size. I think I saw them in Zara and Forever 21 x

      Delete

Pinterest

Follow @Marie

Like me on Facebook

Subscribe