My Top 6 Instagram Pics For April

April 29, 2015

Hi All,

Apologies for my absence....once again. I promise i am not trying to make a habit of it, sometimes life calls and things have to be put on hold.

In my absence i have been posting quite a few pictures on my Instagram page and thought it might be nice to share with you all, my most popular posts. I know I'm being slightly premature posting this, but couldn't wait any longer to put this out there;).

1. Colo-I-Suva Forest, Fiji (36 Likes)


  • Due to family issues,  i had to go to Fiji (where my mum is from) and was there for about a month. Colo-I-Suva forest (pronounced tholo-ee-soo-va) was a new discovery. After "all" the years of visiting Fiji, I had never heard of this place before. All it is $5 FJD (about £1.61) to enter, you trek though the forest and find natural pools and waterfalls.  This photo i took, is the largest pool and the last stop on the trek, i guess they save the best till last. There is also a rope swing, so its perfect if you want to practice your Tarzen impressions! 
I could not find a direct w/site for them, but found this w/site that may be useful if you want more info: http://www.experiencesuva.com/dir/colo-i-suva-forest-park/

2. Grand Pacific Hotel, Fiji (44 Likes)

  • The Grand Pacific Hotel is 5* hotel in the capital of Fiji, Suva. It has recently been refurbished, but still maintained the old colonial style features, which i love. We actually went here after Colo-I-Suva to meet a friend, have some drinks, something to eat and watch the sunset. I would definitely recommend this place if you fancy a treat. It is on the pricey side, but my friend informed me they do have Happy Hour in the week. We were on our way out to leave, when i decided to turn back and take some more photos of that beautiful view of the sea, with the mountains in the background.
For more info: http://grandpacifichotel.com.fj/


3. Raffles Gateway Hotel, Fiji (35 Likes)


  • I took this photo from the Raffles Gateway Hotel in Nadi, Fiji. This is a hotel we have been coming to for years in Fiji. It is opposite Nadi International Airport, which makes it really convenient when you have an extremely early flight. We stayed here because my sister was leaving the following morning. We were at the bar watching Rugy 7's (Fiji vs South Africa to be exact), when i noticed the sky was this beautiful red/orange/purple colour and had to capture it:). 



4. Pure Fiji Factory, Fiji (38 Likes)

  • Here is a lovely picture of my sister and not so lovely picture of me (I'm on the left). We decided to take a selfie, as you do, outside the Pure Fiji factory. We love Pure Fiji products and again this was a new discovery, to find out they have a factory outlet which is open to the public on Saturdays. So you can imagine what would have been weighing our suitcases down when we left Fiji!! 
For more info: http://www.purefiji.com/about/

5. Ahh Toots, St Nicholas Market, Bristol (29 Likes)

  • I am back in the UK and visited Bristol recently. One place my sister and I like to go to, is St Nicholas Market. You can find all sorts down there, Vintage, second hand, food stalls and more. Of course my first point of call when i'm in the UK is stuffing my face full of cake!! Whilst walking round, we found this cute cake stall, that also served hot drinks and treated ourselves to some yummy cake. I chose a banana and salted caramel cake (thumbs up) and my sister chose a lemon and cardamom cake. 

For more info: http://www.stnicholasmarketbristol.co.uk/ Ahh Toots Bakery: https://www.facebook.com/AhhToots/photos_stream

6. Gloucester Rd, Bristol (32 Likes)

  • Finally the last photo and one of the most recent on my page. I was acting photographer for the day, taking photo's of my sister modelling flares that she had made herself. It was a bit chilly, but the sun was out and thought Gloucester Road in Bristol would be a great place to take photos, making use of all the cool street art around there, as the back drop. 
If you are interested in locally home made, unique pieces, check out: https://instagram.com/trinestreats/

Hope you liked this post, if you have any questions, please feel free to comment below and let me know if you would like to see more of these posts, or if you are also a blogger and have any advice to share, please do.

Till next time, Peace out x


InstagramMarie_Padmore





You Might Also Like

0 comments

Pinterest

Like me on Facebook

Subscribe